Guide to Identify and Manage Waste Streams
Too often, healthcare facilities fail to implement effective controls for managing pharmaceutical waste streams. Some struggle to meet even the baseline DEA and RCRA compliance standards. Others are unclear on waste-handling guidelines, such as how to classify, handle and store waste. And many simply feel overwhelmed by the constant emergence of new regulations.
This robust guide offers a hands-on approach to empower your facility with best practices for managing pharmaceutical waste streams. You’ll get answers to questions like:
- How do I properly dispose of medications at my facility?
- What is the 3-bin system?
- How do I handle waste prior to shipment?
- How does the DEA classify drugs - and how can my facility stay compliant with disposal requirements?
- What is RCRA?
- What’s the best way to identify RCRA hazardous medications at my site?
- How do I determine if my facility is a hazardous waste generator?
- What training is required for my employees?
Covering everything from industry-wide best practices, to the down-and-dirty details to help you implement them, this comprehensive guide is the only one of its kind available for download.
Grab your copy now!